The Rushcliffe Business Partnership was launched in 1999 as a forum for local businesses to network with each other, develop new business opportunities and link in to the local authority and other agencies on commercial matters.
We are now integral to a thriving local business scene with more than 500 individuals and organisations currently signed up to working with, and benefitting from, our Partnership.
The forum brings together local business people and companies based within Rushcliffe, a south Nottinghamshire borough of 157 square miles that stretches from the River Trent in the north to the southern Wolds villages, with West Bridgford as the major urban area.
We are a ‘not for profit’ organisation part funded by the Rushcliffe Borough Council based at the Rushcliffe Arena and have strong links with other agencies in the region such as the Local Enterprise Partnership and various networking groups.
We provide input and advice into the community strategy and actions plans for Rushcliffe as well as feeding into other important public consultations. Our members are generally drawn from small to medium-sized enterprises although membership covers everyone from small start-ups and sole traders to industries with turnover of more than £1 million.
The Partnership’s key aims are to:
- Support businesses in Rushcliffe to grow, develop and increase profitability
- Increase trade between Rushcliffe businesses
- Increase trade for Rushcliffe businesses from outside of the borough
- Raise awareness of issues that affect the business community (such as regional and local business support, grants and funding, and new legislation)
- Work with relevant partners to provide a forum for businesses to communicate with the public, private and voluntary sectors
- Work with other local strategic partnership theme groups to raise awareness of the needs of the business community and how the other groups can assist in meeting these needs
- Improve the general business environment in Rushcliffe
General membership is free with a range of benefits including networking and training opportunities. The Partnership is led by a small steering group, which meets bi-monthly, and holds an annual meeting to review progress and set the strategic agenda for the following 12 months. We have ambitious plans for the development of the Partnership and would encourage all those with an interest in the success of the business sector within Rushcliffe to get in touch and get involved.
More about Rushcliffe
Rushcliffe is the home of a Test match cricket venue, a double-European Cup winning football team, the base for many Olympic watersports stars, the constituency of the former Chancellor of the Exchequer, and is widely recognised nationally for its high standard of living.
There is a great variety of businesses operating in Rushcliffe with a range of SMEs in all sectors as well as larger employers such as the British Geological Survey at Keyworth and British Gypsum at East Leake.
There is more information on the borough in the Rushcliffe Borough Council website.